Dear Friend of AAU,
By clicking on the check box, it is assumed that the "Payment Terms & Conditions" have been read by you and you accept the same. Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. These terms and conditions apply to all online payments made to Association of African Universities (AAU). AAU has provided this service through Zenith Bank Ghana Ltd. for online payment of Donations to the High Education cause, Membership fees, Events and Workshop fees ‐ subject to the terms and conditions stated below. We accept all VISA and MASTER (Ghanaian and International) Note that Card will work only if your issuing bank has enabled acceptance of Debit or Credit Card payment through the Internet.
Terms and Conditions:
- Membership fees and donations shall not be refunded. In case of Event Sponsorship, cancellation and refund shall be as per the terms and conditions of that particular event.
- You shall provide complete and accurate registration information.
- You undertake to provide the correct and valid credit card details and confirm that you shall not use any credit card that is not lawfully owned by you.
- AAU and/or ZENITH Bank Ghana Ltd. shall not share the credit card information with any third party unless required by any law, regulation, or a court order.
- User information entered during the process is kept secure and confidential and will not be divulged to third parties.
- AAU will not be held responsible for any damages the user may suffer as a result of using the payment process. The User agrees that he/she shall defend, indemnify, save and hold AAU harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims that may arise or result from any technical failure or incorrect use of the on‐line payment process.
- You specifically agree that AAU shall not be responsible for unauthorised access or, alteration of your data during transmission.
- Your payment will take a minimum of 3 working days to reach our account. (This includes time to verify your credit/debit card details with your credit/debit card supplier and for payment to be notified to the Council.) If your payment is overdue and recovery action is about to be taken, you should contact the relevant department.
- Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Web site is experiencing any server related issues like "slow down or failure or session timeout", the User shall, check whether his / her Bank Account has been debited or not before initiating the second payment, and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier (due to the customer quoting incorrect card details or other reasons).
If the credit/debit card supplier declines payment, AAU is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from their account.
The laws of Ghana shall apply and the courts in ACCRA shall have jurisdiction in respect of all the terms, conditions, and disclaimers.
AAU reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice
- In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
- AAU is committed to securing the privacy of your information.
- The information collected is primarily to process your request for Donations, Membership, Event & Workshop fees.
- In addition, your information is also used to create a record about you in Donor database, or to update your existing record. Your credit card information is NOT stored in this record.
- Your personal information may be used to provide you with information about the activities of AAU.
- We will not provide any of your personal information obtained via the web to other companies or individuals unless required to by law.
- Whenever you provide sensitive information (for example, a debit/credit card number to make a payment) we will ensure all reasonable steps to protect it; such as encrypting your card number. We will also take security measures to protect your personal information in storage. Debit/Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and are not retained for marketing purposes.
- Our websites may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites.
- AAU reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice. Please visit this page periodically to review the current policy.
Confirmation of Payment:
- You will receive a confirmation of your payment on your screen after you make the payment. An Email containing the digital receipt of your transaction will be sent to you within 24 after the payment has been received in actual.
Limitation of liability:
- In no event will the AAU or ZENITH Bank Ghana LTD will be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.